- Kim Petras is a transgender singer and songwriter based in Los Angeles. Between 2016 and 2020, Petras released music as an independent artist under her own imprint, BunHead Records, before signing with Republic Records in 2021 where she will release her upcoming debut album.
- Tash Sultana is a non-binary, Australian singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist, described as a "one-person band". Sultana is best known for their 2016 single "Jungle", which was voted into third place in Triple J's Hottest 100 of 2016.
- Dua Saleh is a non-binary, Sudanese-American recording artist, songwriter, poet, and actor based in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Their debut EP Nūr was released in January 2019 by the Against Giants record label to critical acclaim, with their second, Rosetta, released in June the following year.
- Girlpool is an indie rock band from Los Angeles, California, formed by friends Avery Tucker (a transgender man) and Harmony Tividad. Their debut self-titled EP Girlpool was released on Bandcamp in 2014 and re-released on Wichita Recordings later that year.
- Skylar Kergil is an American transgender activist, singer-songwriter, public speaker, YouTube personality, and artist. Kergil has documented his transition from female-to-male on YouTube since 2009, to educate viewers about gender identity, hormones, surgeries, and life.
- Against Me! is an American punk rock band formed in 1997 in Naples, Florida, by singer and guitarist Laura Jane Grace, a transgender musician. Since 2001, the band's lineup has also included guitarist James Bowman. After releasing three studio albums through independent record labels, Against Me! moved to Sire Records for 2007's New Wave, which reached no. 57 on the Billboard 200. In 2011, the band launched the record label Total Treble.
- Shea Diamond is an American singer, songwriter, and transgender rights activist. Her music is chiefly soul and R&B and includes elements of blues, rock, hip-hop, and folk. Her songwriting ability has been described as "demonstrating a rare gift to portray raw, dynamic emotion in a way that moves the body as much as the spirit”.
- Ryan Otto Cassata is an American musician, public speaker, writer, filmmaker, and actor. Cassata speaks at high schools and universities on the subject of gender dysphoria, being transgender, bullying and his personal transition from female to male, including top surgery in January 2012, when he was 18 years old.
- Sophie Xeon, known as Sophie, was a transgender, Scottish musician, record producer, singer, songwriter, and DJ.
- Anohni, styled as ANOHNI, is a transgender English-born singer, composer, and visual artist. She was formerly the lead singer of the band Antony and the Johnsons. Anohni was born in Chichester, England. Her family moved to the San Francisco Bay Area in 1981.
- Quay Dash is a black, transgender rapper from New York.
- Teddy Geiger is a transgender, American singer, songwriter, and record producer.
- Frances Garrett, known professionally as Frances Forever, is a non-binary, American singer-songwriter. They are best known for their song "Space Girl", which became a viral hit on TikTok in 2020.
- Ceréna is a transgender, Canadian recording artist and one of the co-founders of Club Quarantine.
- Claud Jeanne Mintz, known professionally as Claud, is an American bedroom pop singer-songwriter from the suburbs of Chicago. Claud is non-binary.