Transgender individuals have made significant contributions to the LGBTQ+ community and continue to be a powerful force in advocating for equality and representation. These individuals are using their platforms to share their stories, raise awareness about trans issues, and promote acceptance and understanding. Here are 10 trans influencers you need to follow to stay informed, inspired, and connected to the community:
- AJ is an Australian model, vlogger, and influencer who is best recognized for making videos about her transition. She shared her experience on TikTok for her over 1.5 million followers.
- Kai Wes is a trans, non-binary actor living in Los Angeles. They gained popularity when they were featured on the MTV show, Are You The One? Passionate about queer and trans visibility, they use their myriad of experiences both in front of and behind the camera to help influence and normalize these topics in the public eye.
- Campbell X is a transgender writer/director who directed the award-winning queer urban romantic comedy feature film STUD LIFE named in the Guardian as one of the 10 most important Black UK films in the last 40 years. Campbell directed and produced the short film DES!
- Chris is a 28-year-old content creator, YouTuber, activist, and small business owner from Austin, TX — who also happens to be transgender. He also runs a clothing company, FLAVNT Streetwear, that gives 15% of all sales to fundraising partnerships to help trans people afford gender-affirming surgeries.
- KUCHENGA is a writer, a journalist, and an avid reader of black women's literature as a matter of survival. She is a Black transsexual feminist whose work seeks to cleave souls open with truth and sincerity. She has been published in many online magazines including Vogue and Harper's Bazaar.
- Eli Erlick is an internationally-awarded writer, activist, and public speaker. In 2011, at age 16, she co-founded Trans Student Educational Resources (TSER), an organization dedicated to transforming the educational environment for trans students through collective action. It is the only national organization led by trans youth and one of the largest transgender organizations in the country. In the years that followed, Eli has been at the forefront of transgender justice through her organizing, writing, and research.
- Jamie Anthony Raines is an English YouTuber, research psychologist, and LGBT advocate. His videos include commentary on gender identity and other LGBTQ+ issues as well as general lifestyle topics.
- Lillian is a genderqueer woman from Alaska. At 14, her parents sent her away to Utah to undergo conversion therapy, a harmful practice that’s banned in 20 US states. She is now the co-founder of the LGBTQ+ Center in her hometown of Talkeetna, AK. Lennon is an activist and an influencer on the rise.
- Syre is an aspiring trans activist. He is open and honest with his followers and is an incredible role model within the trans community.
- Fox Fisher is an artist, film maker, author and trans campaigner.